Your Oculus Quest 2 keeps turning off because of proximity sensor malfunctioning, battery is drained or software is not up-to-date/pending.
Possible Reasons Why Your Oculus Quest 2 keeps Turning Off are:
- Proximity sensor malfunctioning
- Drained battery
- Software not up-to-date/pending
Proximity sensor malfunctioning – The work of the proximity sensor is to monitor your headset usage and your Oculus Quest 2 sensor is bound to switch off on it own when the sensor is faulty.
Drained Battery – Your Oculus Quest 2 could switch off on it own if the battery is not at a sufficient level or the battery is drained. To avoid this issue, keep your Oculus Quest 2 charged.
Pending software updates – Once the software is not up-to-date, your device may start switching off on it own. To avoid this issue, just update it.
How Do I Stop My Oculus Quest 2 From Turning Off?
Your Oculus Quest 2 can be stopped from turning off by simply running a factory reset, performing a hard reboot it simply charging the device.
Run Factory Reset
- Click on the down volume + power buttons and hold it for around 10 seconds
- Go to the option of the Factory
- Reset with the volume button
To confirm your selection
- Click on the power button
- Restart your Oculus Quest 2
Charge Your Oculus Quest 2
- Go to the port for charging (this can be found on your device lower left)
- Remove the cover of the port.
- Locate the USB-C port and of course the headset Port that is close to each other.
- Plug the USB-C to the wall adapter and plug the other end into your headset. The light indicator should turn green once your device is charged fully.
- Press the power button and hold it for about 10 seconds.
Why Is My Oculus Quest 2 Turning Off Even When The Battery Is Fully Charged?
Your Oculus Quest 2 is turning off even with full battery because the software update is pending, the proximity sensor is covered with dust or auto-wake is enabled.
- Navigate to the Menu of your Oculus Quest 2
- Move to Quick Settings
- Press Settings from the top right corner
- Choose System
- Press Software Update from the menu left side
Proximity Sensor covered with dust
- Navigate to the proximity sensor on your headset (you can see this in-between the lenses
- Use your thumb to cover the sensor and watch if your headset will turn on
- Clean out the dust with the use of a microfiber cloth that is dry.
Disable Auto-Wake feature
- Make sure your Oculus Quest 2 to your phone
- Launch the Oculus app
- Choose Devices
- Press your headset
- Choose Settings
- Select Power
- Turn off the auto-wake feature
Why Does My Oculus Quest 2 Keep Turning Off and On While Charging?
Your Oculus Quest 2 Keeps switching from Off to On while still charging because of your tracking feature is enabled, the foam interface is covered with silicone or there is a pending firmware update.
To solve this issues, follow these steps below:
How To Disable Tracking Feature of Oculus Quest 2
- Navigate to Settings
- Choose Device
- Turn the tracking off
How To Remove Oculus Quest 2 Silicone Cover
- From the facial, gently remove the silicone cover
How To Update Firmware On Oculus Quest 2
- Switch on your device
- On the controller, click on the Oculus button
- Press the clock icon on the menu screen
- Choose Settings on the far top right
- Choose System
- Press Software Update on the left hand side of the Menu
- Press the Download Update button
Why Does My Oculus Quest 2 Turns Off When Not Plugged In?
Your Oculus Quest 2 keeps turning off when it is not plugged in because there is either a bad or dirty charging port, the battery is overheated or there is a pending factory reset.
For dirty charging port, you can clean it with the steps below:
- With the aid of a compress air can, blow the dust out
- Dip a wooden toothpick wrapped with a little cotton around it into isopropyl alcohol
- Put the toothpick into the charging port and twirl it gently
For overheated battery, follow the steps to rectify thr issue:
- Remove the device from the power source
- Switch it off
- Plug it back to the power source after about 15 minutes
For resetting Oculus Quest 2 factory settings, you can use your phone.
Follow the steps below to fix the issue:
- On your smartphone, open the Oculus app
- Press Device in the menu displayed at the bottom
- Press the headset that is connected to your smartphone
- Press Advanced Settings
- Click on Factory Reset
- Press Reset
Why Is There A Black Screen On My Oculus Quest 2?
There are three reasons why your Oculus Quest 2 has a black screen: your graphics drivers and USB are not compatible, your batteries are drained completely or your device needs a force restart.
How To Fix The Black Screen Of Death On Oculus Quest 2
You can fix the black screen on death on oculus quest 2 by charging your Oculus Quest 2, disabling the guardian feature or getting tbr auto wake feature disabled.
How To Disable Oculus Quest 2 Guardian Feature
- Navigate to Settings
- Choose your device
- Press More Settings
- Press Advanced Settings
- Choose Enable Developer Mode
- Turn off Guardian in the menu for Developer options
How To Disable Auto Wake On Oculus Quest 2
- Launch the Menu in Settings
- Click on Device
- Press Power
- Navigate to Auto Wake
- Switch it off
- Restart your device
Why Does My Oculus Quest 2 Keeps Sleeping?
Your Oculus Quest 2 keeps sleeping because of a charger duplicate, power source malfunctioning or if the USB cable is faulty.
You can solve the issue with the steps below:
For faulty USB cable follow the steps below to fix it:
- Crosscheck the USB cable closely to see if there is any fault or fine fissure
- Get a new USB cable replacement
For the charger issue, always use the original charger of your Oculus Quest 2 and if paraventure your charger gets damaged then get a new one from an authorized charger dealer.
Try not to use duplicate chargers.
For power source malfunctioning,try using another power source to power your device.
Why Does My Oculus Quest 2 Keeps Turning Off When Playing Games?
Your Oculus Quest 2 keeps turning off when you are playing games because there Oculus guardian is enabled, bad WiFi network connection or irregular light source.
For poor WiFi network connection follow the steps below:
- Remove the router and modem
- Plug in the cords after about 30 seconds
- Pair your phone with the Oculus Quest 2
- Increase the bandwidth by upgrading your internet plan or by connecting it with your internet service provider
For irregular light source follow the steps below:
- Switch off your device
- Examine your surrounding brightness
- Depending on how bright or dim the lights are, adjust the light levels to that effect
- Turn on your Oculus Quest 2
To disable your Oculus Guardian follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Oculus Settings
- Choose More Settings
- Press Advanced Settings
- If you are prompted then sign into your account
- Move to Settings and choose See All
- Off the key next to Guardian under the Developer Option
Why Is My Oculus Quest 2 Not Turning On?
Your Oculus Quest 2 is not turning on because the pairing of your unit and Oculus app is faulty, the charging cable is loosely connected or a hard reboot is pending.
For loose connection of the charging cable follow the steps below:
- Examine if the charging cable is fixed properly in the power socket
- Remove the cable and plug it properly into the power socket
For faulty pairing between your unit and Oculus app follow the steps below:
- Switch on your device (Oculus Quest 2)
- Get the Oculus Quest 2 close to your phone
- Turn on your Bluetooth
Via the Oculus app, connect your phone to the VR
For pending hard reboot follow the steps below:
- Hold the power button down for about 10 seconds to turn off the Oculus Quest 2 completely
- After a minute, click on the power button to activate it
What Does Blinking Red Light Stands For On Oculus Quest 2?
The blinking red light on Oculus Quest 2 stands for battery low on the device so when you see red light blinking on Oculus Quest 2 it means the battery is running down, the charging cable is incompatible or the power socket is faulty.
For charging your Oculus Quest 2 battery follow the steps below:
- On the port on the left side of your Oculus Quest 2, plug in your USB-C cable to it
- Let the other end of the USB-C cable go into the wall adapter.
- Immediately this is done, the meter of the battery will show an orange light which indicates that the battery is charging.
- Green light shows the battery is full so once the green light shows, unplug the charger.
For a faulty socket, follow the steps below:
- Examine the power socket to see if there is any fault or damage
- Try another power outlet
- Don’t leave it until there is an orange light showing to signify the charging process
For incompatible charging cable follow the steps below:
- Don’t use a duplicate charging cable because it may not work properly
- Crosscheck your cable to be sure it is a certified cable
- Replace the cable with an original one if it is a duplicated one
Why Does My Oculus Quest 2 Keep Disconnecting From WiFi?
Your Oculus Quest 2 keeps disconnecting from WiFi because the drivers are corrupt, bad internet connection or the power cycle of the router is pending.
For bad internet connection, you can solve it by following these steps:
- Remove other devices that are sharing the bandwidth of the same WiFi.
- Upgrade the bandwidth of your WiFi. You can take the bandwidth to 5GHz if you are using your headset for gaming.
For corrupt drivers, use the steps below to sort it out:
- Launch Oculus official website
Tap the driver’s set-up file twice (double tap)
- Follow the prompts in the on-screen to update your drivers
For power cycling the router, follow the steps below:
- Remove the modem and the router from the power socket
- Plug the modem after about 30 seconds
- After a minute, switch on the power socket
- When your cable modem reflects green light, check the internet connection
Why Is My Oculus Quest 2 Stuck On 3 Dots and How Do I Rectify It?
Your Oculus Quest 2 is stuck on 3 Dots due to a VR headset problem, software outdated or a change of your Oculus password.
Follow the steps below to update your Oculus Software:
- Switch on your device
- Put on the right controller
- Click the Oculus button
- Press the Clock icon (you can find this in the bottom left of the universal menu
- Choose Settings in Quick Settings menu
- Click System
- Choose Software Update (you can see that in the menu on the left hand
- Choose Download Update
To solve VR headset issues, follow the steps below:
- In the Oculus app, navigate to Settings
- Press on the VR headset
- With the use of Bluetooth, connect your smartphone to your headset
- Having done this, connect your Oculus Quest 2 to the WiFi
For changed account password on Oculus, follow the steps below:
- Open the Oculus app on your smartphone
- Click on the your Profile image
- Press Account Settings
- Press on Change Oculus
- Input hour old password
- Input the new password you want to use and repeat the same password to confirm there are no mistakes
Why Is My Oculus Quest 2 Stuck On The Loading Screen?
Your Oculus Quest 2 stuck on the loading screen because of a factory reset that is pending, the softwares are outdated or you have to connect Quest 2 to a computer.
For outdated software, follow the steps below to fix it:
- With your touch controller, launch the Oculus menu
- Navigate to Quick Settings
- Open Settings
- Choose Software Update or download the updates via your smartphone
To factory reset your Oculus Quest 2, follow the steps below:
- Press and hold the power and volume buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds
- Choose the Factory Reset option from the new menu will pop-up on the Oculus Quest
- Click firmly on the Power button to confirm the factory reset.
How To Connect Quest 2 To A PC
- Download the Oculus software on your PC (make sure the download is done from their official website.
- Install the software and launch it.
- Follow the prompts on the onscreen.
- Login with the credentials of your account
- With the use of an Oculus link cable, connect your Oculus Quest 2 headset to your computer.
- Choose device in the left side of the menu.
- Click on Add Headset
- Click on Quest 2
- Click Continue
- Put the link of the cable into your computer and the Quest headset.
- A green tick will show that the connection has been confirmed.
Why Is My Oculus Quest 2 Not Loading the Home Screen?
Your Oculus Quest 2 is not loading the home screen because there is a pending reset probably when loading the menu with bootloader, there the app is stuck on the loading screen or the overactive closeness of the sensor.
To solve the issue of overactive closeness/proximity sensor, follow the steps below:
- Remove your headset
- Cover the proximity sensor with a tape (opaque tape) or your thumb.
- You will have to take it for repairs if the foam of the headset has a gap to the side.
Alternatively, the proximity sensor can be disabled through Side Quest.
For stuck Oculus Quest app you can solve it with the steps below:
- Launch the app on your smartphone or computer
- Look out for the game(s) that are actively updating or downloading
- Cancel the update or/and download
- Open the game(s) via the Oculus app
- If the game appears on your headset then your home screen issue is taken care of.
How To Reset Oculus Quest 2 Using Bootloader Menu
- Click on volume and the power button simultaneously for about 10 seconds
- Move to the Power Off option on the menu screen using the volume button.
- Switch off your headset
- Choose Exit
- Pick Boot Device
- Click on Power button